Custom Granite Countertops from Regent Granite
When doing a home renovation, many people choose to install granite countertops because of their durability, style and ease of maintenance. Located in London, Ontario, Regent Granite can provide you with a custom granite countertops perfect for your kitchen, bathroom and bar top.
Granite is created by the cooling of molten rock and is an igneous rock. A great deal of skill is needed to carve granite and usually requires the use of computer-operated and sandblasted rotary bits.
Granite Countertops for Any Space in Your Home
Since granite is incredibly durable but also visually appealing, it’s an excellent choice for kitchen countertops, bathroom vanity and other high-traffic spaces in your home. It has become increasingly more popular for our customers to choose to install custom granite countertops for their basement wet bars and for their outdoor kitchens and grilling spaces so they can entertain their guests in style.
Why choose Granite for your Custom Countertops
- Granite offers an extremely hard natural surface that is durable, which means that regardless of how much wear and tear you put on the custom countertop, it’s still going to look great
- Granite countertops come in a variety of colours, shades and styles that look great with any style of cabinetry
- Each slab of granite is unique, which means that your custom granite countertop is one of a kind
- By choosing your favourite style and colour of granite countertop, you’ll be able to match the stone to the existing colouring and aesthetics of whichever room you are installing it in
- Granite countertops withstand scratches more than other products, which means that you can cut directly on it, although it may wear out your knives!
- Granite countertops are resistant heat damage, which means you can rest hot cookware on it without worrying about ruining your countertop
- Sealing your granite countertops will prevent most stains. The darker the the colour of granite you choose, the longer you can go without resealing it
- Because of their durability, granite countertops won’t depreciate in value and can actually add value to your home
- Granite is very easy to clean – all you need is warm water and mild soap to make your custom countertops look as good as new
Trusted Granite Suppliers We Work With:
At Regent Granite, we’re experts in installing granite kitchen countertops, granite bathroom countertops and custom granite countertops. Learn more about us today and see why we’re the experts on granite countertops.
Latest Blogs about Custom Granite Counters
FAQ’s About Custom Granite Countertops
Like any solid surface, high impact blows can harm granite. Because of its crystalline structure, it can chip if it is subjected to sharp, hard objects. However, repairs are possible and often easier to do than with other solid surfaces.
Granite is one of the hardest stones in the world and is highly resistant to scratching in everyday, ordinary use. Repeated cutting directly on your granite countertop can leave surface scratches. It can be scratched by another piece of granite or with specially sharpened tools designed to work with granite like tungsten and diamond blades.
As a natural stone, Granite is porous. There are certain granite colours that are more porous than others and absorb some moisture with prolonged contact. For example, a puddle of water left on the counter, for some colors, may show a dark spot when the water is wiped away. Usually, no evidence remains once the liquid is removed and the granite dries. Just to be safe, we highly recommend a stone sealer for all granite countertops after installation. Because some stones are more porous than others, so it is important to use a penetrating sealer to prevent stains from oil, wine or other liquids from soaking into the surface.
Warm soapy water will do the trick when it’s time to clean your granite countertops. You can also use cleaners that are specifically formulated to help clean and protect stone surfaces.
Due to the limitation of slab size, seams on a granite countertops are necessary and sometimes unavoidable. A countertop is generally seamed for three reasons; (1) the countertop is longer or taller than the slab, (2) the countertop cannot physically make it to its final destination, or (3) the risk of breaking during transport or installation is too great. Every stone will seam differently depending on colour, pattern variation and veining.A standard seam is something you can both see and feel but is not strikingly noticeable. Seam placement is at the discretion of Regent Granite and is dependent on the location of a gable or support. Slab size will have no relationship to seam requirement or placement. Seam placement at the centre of the sink or cooktop cutout is not something that Regent Granite recommends.
You can cantilever granite up to 12″ with sufficient support on the fixed end and with a large enough piece. An overhang of more than 12” will need a support system.
We recommend updating the “Trusted Suppliers” section to follow the same format as the “Custom Granite Solutions for Any Space in Your Home” section. This will include a picture of the logo with appropriate alt text and the internal link underneath.
Full FAQ page found here
Quartz can completely transform any room in your home.
Call Regent Granite & Marble today to get a free quote for the quartz countertops you’ve always wanted! GET A FREE QUOTEGET A FREE QUOTE