Custom Quartz Countertops from Regent Granite
Quartz is one of the most durable materials on earth – only diamonds, topaz and sapphires are harder – which is what makes it a great choice for your next countertop. Quartz slabs are made primarily of ground quartz that is combined with polyester resins to bind it together along with pigment to give it colour. Some quartz countertops often have small amounts of recycled glass or metallic flakes in it, which gives it that eye-catching sparkle you may have noticed.
Quartz Countertops in London, Ontario
Regent Granite & Marble has the quartz countertops you need to give your home a high-quality and luxurious finish. We offer our customers a wide selection of quartz countertops that can be precisely fitted into your kitchen, bathroom or other area of your home.
Regent Granite’s Quartz Countertop Brands:
- LG Viatera
- Corian Quartz
- Quora Stone
- CQS By Mondial
Quartz Countertops vs Granite Countertops
The major difference between quartz and granite is that quartz is engineered in a factory. This makes quartz a cost-effective option that gives a more uniform colour and pattern throughout. Granite slabs are natural, therefore there are a limited number of colours that can be mined. Because quartz contains resin to help bind the slab together, it is more stain resistant without needing to be resealed, unlike granite countertops which usually need to be resealed annually.
Benefits of Quartz Countertops
Quartz is one of the most durable materials in the world which makes it the perfect choice in high-traffic areas of the home, like in kitchens or bathrooms. Below you’ll find some of the reasons why quartz kitchen countertops and quartz bathroom countertops are a top choice for our London, Ontario customers.
- Quartz countertops can be resealed with any finish you desire – polished, sandblasted, honed or embossed
- Quartz countertops are eco-friendly because they last a lifetime, which means that your kitchen counters will never see the inside of a landfill
- Quartz countertops are easy to clean with soapy water. Surface stains can be cleaned with gentle cleansing scrubs. We recommend avoiding scrubbing and scouring pads which can dull the surface of your quartz counter
- Quartz is antimicrobial thanks to its resin binders. Since the countertop is nonporous, bacteria, mold and mildew won’t be able to penetrate the surface
- Quartz counters are more scratch and stain resistant than other types of materials.
- Quartz is factory-made which means that slabs are larger and won’t leave you with pesky countertop seams.
- Quartz can be produced in any colour and can include small pieces of recycled glass and metallic flakes to give it a luxurious finish.
Cleaning Quartz Countertops
Quartz countertops and surfaces are very low-maintenance and cleaning is simple. Here are our tips and instructions on how to clean quartz countertops.
Please contact Regent Granite & Marble for more information about our quartz kitchen and bathroom countertops and to see which countertop surface is right for you.